Marshmallows are the perfect shape for a Frankenstein head, right. So everytime I've passed that bag of marshmallows over the past few weeks I've thought, "I have to turn those into Frankensteins!" I finally got around to it this last weekend. Isn't Frank cute?
Green candy melts
Chocolate chips or candy melts
Small pretzel sticks
Black confetti sprinkles
1. Insert the lollipop stick through the majority of the marshmallow with the flat sides parallel to the ground.
2. Melt green candy melts in the microwave, in 20 second intervals, until melted and smooth. (Green candy melts are seasonly available at most craft stores and even Walmart in the cake decorating section). Then dip your marshmallows until covered completely, gently bouncing the stick to get the excess chocolate off.
3. While the chocolate is still relatively wet, insert a pretzel stick through the entire marshmallow running it behind the lollipop stick (the back 1/3 of the marshmallow). You could also do this BEFORE the dipping, but I don't like any part of the stick getting green. Now let the chocolate chill in the fridge or freezer, propping up the stick in styrofoam. Wait until completely dry.
6. Tear a small piece of piece marshmallow off and roll it into a ball. Submerge it in the green chocolate, then lift it using a fork (gently bouncing to drain off the excess). Let the "nose" cool, then attach it to the face using a little bit of green chocolate. Let it chill.
5. Melt the chocolate in 20 second intervals using the microwave. Once melted and smooth, spoon a small amount of chocolate over the ends of the pretzel stick and let the excess drain off. Once that has cooled, dip the top 1/4 of the marshmallow in the chocolate. Chill in the fridge or freezer propped up.
6. Attach black confetti sprinkles for the eyes using a little bit of chocolate. You could also use black fondant, mini m&m's, small candy eyeballs, piped chocolate… you get the idea.
7. Put melted chocolate in a ziploc bag and cut a very small corner of the bag. Add little spikes to the hairline and pipe on a "stitched" mouth.
These are TASTY! But make sure to keep them cool until it's time to eat.