Turn candy corns into a Fantasia treat. I love Mickey's sorcerer outfit, and the hat is a classic. This is just a fun little candy to have around for the little ones on Halloween… or any other Mickey celebration.
What you'll need:
Almond and vanilla extract
Blue food dye/gel
Silver luster dust
1. Make pourable petit four fondant (click here for recipe). Once its made, add the blue dye until it is the desired color. Then dip the candy corns into it, lifting them out with a fork and letting the excess come off.
2. Let the candy corn dry on wax paper.
3. Roll out white fondant very thin, then cut out a small sliver moon and small stars. Then attach them with a little bit of water (just enough to make them stick). Brush the hats with silver luster dust.
4. For the ears, put a chocolate chip on its side and cut a small side off. Repeat for the other ear.
5. Melt chocolate chips in 20 second segments in the microwave. Put the melted chocolate into a small ziploc bag and cut a small corner. Pipe the melted chocolate onto the chocolate chip "ear" (on the cut side). Secure it to the hat and let it harden in place. Repeat for the other ear.
6. Roll a thin rope of white fondant and make a circle with it. Then set the hat into the circle, securing it with a little bit of water to make it stick.