These meringue flower and toadstool “cookies” just feel like Spring. It’s easy and quick too.
What you’ll need:
Meringue batter (see my meringue recipe here)
Foil or parchment paper
Ziploc bag or piping bag
Pink/red food coloring
Cinnamon or Cocoa Powder
Small amount of chocolate chips
Directions for the toadstools:
1. Pipe a large mound on the parchment paper and dag the tip along the side to prevent it from forming a peak.
2. Pipe a Hershey Kiss shape with a peak.
3. Bake according to meringue directions.
4. Take the large mound and make an indent with a knife or your finger in the center of the flat part of the cookie.
5. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds, then 10 second intervals until melted. Dip the tip of the baked Hershey Kiss shape cookie (the stem).
6. Place the chocolate covered part of the stem in the indentation of the bottom of the other cookie. As the chocolate dries, it will solidify these two parts together to make the toadstool. Once it dries, use cinnamon or cocoa powder to add some realistic touches to your toadstool.
Directions for the flower:
1. Pipe a white circular mound on the parchment paper with a Ziploc bag (small corner cut off) or piping bag. Then color a portion of your meringue with the red/pink food coloring. Pipe 5 smaller circular mounds around the edges of the white mound for petals.
2. Bake according to directions, and you’re done!