Did you know August 10th is National S’mores Day? I don’t know who creates these random holidays, but this is one I can get behind! So to celebrate this special day, here’s an easy S’mores Trifle recipe.
Mini marshmallows (for melting and decoration)
2-4 Tablespoons corn syrup
Chocolate chips (or chocolate chunks)
Gas match lighter
1. Crumble some graham crackers. You can make it as fine or chunky as you like.
2. Take your glass and fill it with a layer of graham cracker crumbs.
3. Put your marshmallows and corn syrup in a glass bowl and melt them in the microwave in 15 second increments (stirring in between each increment) until the mixture is totally smooth. The amount of corn syrup depends on how thick or thin you want the marshmallow cream. Add a marshmallow layer in your glass.
4. Sprinkle a layer of chocolate chips on top. Then add a layer of chocolate pudding (I use a plastic bag for this to keep the sides of the glass clean).
5. Add another layer of graham crackers, and add a small layer of marshmallow cream (just enough to keep stick the real marshmallows in place on top).
5. Take a lighter and lightly toast the marshmallows on top (be careful, they flame up pretty quickly).
6. Accent with a few squares of chocolate and you’re done!